Monday, September 24, 2007

New TV Series

It's been a couple of years since I have started to watch any new series on network TV. There have been a few new shows that have piqued my interest this year. So I made it a point to DVR them because last year I got burned. I had thought about watching Heroes but just never remembered to setup the DVR and was busy watching football probably. Well being the knuckle head I can be I waited too long to go to the NBC website to watch the episodes. I went out last week to try to catch up so I could watch season 2 but they had removed the episodes and basically said wait and buy the first season on DVD. So I decided not to do that this year.
The first one I watched was "Chuck" on NBC (on just before Heroes so it should have a shot at least of sticking around). That was a funny and action oriented show. The wife and I both enjoyed it which is saying something since we don't agree on much entertainment wise. But yeah I will be setting up "Chuck" for a season recording. That looks like a good show.
The second one was on CBS called "The Big Bang Theory" now I don't know if its time slot will be able to help with an audience for this show but I hope it does. Based on 2 science geeks who get to know a new hot neighbor with their lacking all social skills it was another laugher.
Luckily I did DVR both because they are on head to head but with DVR that's not really a problem but I hope these shows get a season to get a following because they were both good shows and not the normal crap that has been on over the last few years.

No comments: