Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Barry Bonds - What a joke!

I do not get the whole big deal with Barry Bonds. Now I am a big sports fan, I follow football, Nascar, baseball, and golf on a regular basis. Is there anyone out there that actually still believes that Barry Bonds has not used steroids over the last 10 to 15 years? I watch a good bit of ESPN and some of the talk shows and somehow people still say "Where is the proof that he took steroids?" Are you blind? Google Barry Bonds and find pictures of his rookie card and his current one, or especially about 3 years ago. Here is a link to a Sports Illustrated article about Barry Bonds doping, along with some actual quotes from those around Barry Bonds at times and what he said to them:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/1.html
Now I am sorry but I will not recognize Barry Bonds ever as the Home Run champion, to me that is now Hank Aaron and will be until someone who is not obviously built on designer drugs passes Hank.
There was a poll which ESPN touted stating that the break down of fans who want Bonds to break the home run record. Turns out white people don't want him too and african american people do want him to. I am white but you know what? I do not want Mark McGuire's record allowed to stand or anything Jason Giambi does or Sammy Sosa or Rafael Palmiero. So there you go I guess I am an equal opportunity hater it has nothing to do with the race of the person it has to do with the fact that these people cheated plain and simple. The only one I have any respect at all for is Jason Giambi who actually tried to take some responsibility for his actions though he was really careful not to be specific but at least it wasn't the lame crap McGuire and Palmiero put forth before Congress.
These guys are cheaters and they should not be in a record book or the Hall of Fame they should be in jail. Because each time one of these guys used steroids it was illegal plain and simple it doesn't matter if they bought them or someone got the drugs for them once introduced to their bodies they broke the law and should not be allowed to continue to profit from illegal activities.

No comments: