Monday, November 5, 2007

I Love My Kids but they are Killing ME!

I love my kids more than anything else in this world. I mean it. I love seeing them in the morning when they first wake up and I love that they give me hugs and kisses goodnight each day. They are 5, 9, and 12 yrs old. They are all unique and they are all a hand full.
Sometimes though they just drive me up the friggin' wall and I have no escape!

Kid #1 12 yrs old - smart as can be scores unbelievably high on any test he is given but can't seem to remember to bring home or do homework! What is this all about? I mean he gets ACT (Assignment Completion Time) (otherwise known to real people as DETENTION!!!!) a few times each week. I ask if he has done his homework I check what he gives me, I check his "planner" to see what is written down (he is the one writing in it so of course not everything gets in there!!!!) but still he will lie through his teeth just to get out of 10 minutes of homework, WTF! I mean come on its not that hard and we live in ND so it's already cold as can be so just sit down and do the assignment and quit getting DETENTION!! oops I meant ACT for all those PC morons out there.

Kid #2 9 yrs old - smart as a whip. Hates doing any chores. I quiz this one on his school work or spelling and he makes me feel bad for wasting my time. How can a 9 yr old do that to a grown man? Make this kid study spelling or for a test for 15 minutes and you would think I just ran bamboo up under his fingernails! He gets them right though (uuggghhh). Ask him to do a chore anything at all, feed the dog or cats, clean his room (oh heaven forbid) or bring down his laundry and you have just declared war on a sovereign nation and he will retaliate with his full Nuclear arsenal. However if you stand in the room where said chore needs to be done he completes it cheerfully and out of sheer angst you praise him for such a good job.

Kid # 3 5 yrs old - spoiled spoiled spoiled, but I love her. This one has me wrapped around every finger on each hand, I try to be harsh when I need to, alot of good that does! I spent hours on end with her getting her ready for kindergarten flash cards, numbers, spelling, writing her name everything, address and phone number, she can recite them back to me with no problem at all then we get her report card and now she doesn't recognize letters, can't count past 5 (even though she came home and counted to 40 without missing a dang beat) and is not turning in assignments. Sounds like the 12 yr old already. Then she gets mad at me if we don't have daily snuggle time and tickle time for her. I mean she will throw down a fit the likes of which haven't been seen since Napoleon if she doesn't get her way. This little one may just one day rule the world, hope you aren't on her bad side though!

So when all is said and done, I deal with the school stuff though it confounds my mind why they can't just actually do the work and turn it in!!!!! But I love them and their quirks lets just hope I am not raising those snotty brats I put up with every time I leave the house.

Thanks

2 comments:

Little Diver said...

I really understand every word you are talking about! My little 7 year old blonde is so very BLONDE! One minute she know every word she is reading...then for whatever reason...she forgets every word! How does that happen??? My 8 year old boy is so smart! He is going to be the boy ont he ESPN Spelling Bee-but doesn't almost passout! He is very intelligent, but hates to clean his room. But get this...if we are in the grocery store and a row of Hamburger HElper is uneven...he has to line them up evenly! He has selective OCD. Pretty 7 year old girl is just too pretty to care about lining things up, but I will say this...she loves to sing! She will sing constantly if you let her! I feel your pain! Hang in there! I love you! Little Diver

Unknown said...

Thank GOD I'm not the only one having this exact same problems!!! With No. 2 Son (also 12), he does the same thing! Won't get his planner signed by the teachers, even though, for every teach that does not sign the planner, he has to go to bed 10 minutes earlier than scheduled (9 pm). So most nights he goes to bed at 7:40pm. And when he does do his homework, he doesn't turn it in! This is the kid that has scores in the range of grade 10-13+ on his Iowa Basics. Drives me up a freaking wall it does. But the Little Sister, she is an angel. The only flaw on her last report card was a 99% in math, instead of the 100% like in all other areas of study.